Saturday, February 11, 2012

What does Christian mean?

Since becoming a Christian, my outlook on many things have changed greatly. But, I can't get over how many people have ill feelings for Christians, not for their faith, but how they act! I hear things like, "Oh, don't throw your beliefs down my throat", or "Christians are SO judgemental" and so on. As a new Christian,  I have only read so much of the Bible. Yet, I've alreay read about how as servents of the Lord, we do not judge others, but love them. This hit me hard, because I was so judgemental and mean, it was horrible.

The Bible also says to share the word of God. I do this, but I don't "throw it down anyones throat". If someone doesn't want to listen, I won't waste my time, but I'll at least try. I love sharing my stories, experiences, and just talking about God over all. It's my duty, as someone who is a beliver to share the word of God to my loved ones to help them be saved. This is important to me, because after death, I want to see my loved ones in Heaven with me, not Hell.

I can understand how some Christians get a bad reputation, but I also fear that there are not many Christians left in this world, as there once was. I believe a True Christian follows Gods word, is non-judgmental, and loves everyone, for that is what the Bible said. I've met a few of these TC (True Christians), and one of them is the reason I am here today as a believer. They do great things to others, and I won't stop sharing the word, but I'll do it respecfully to others.

As a Christian, living by the Bible, my life has changed a lot, as I have said. I see the world differntly, dress and talk differently, and love differently. I love my new life, and I hope others can find their way to Jesus, and I'll help.

No comments:

Post a Comment