Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring time is ahead!

It is March, one of my favorite months for a few reasons. The warm weather is on its way, some days are already in the mid 80's here in the South, and we're very much enjoying this time to do outside activities. We've started to clear old dirt and weeds from our gardens, and are starting to plant some seeds. We've decided to also turn an old neighbors kiddy pool (one of the $20 dollar ones from walmart) into a container garden. It's actually quite simple, just drill some holes in the bottom, fill with dirt and plant seeds! We're trying a few different vegetables; carrots, lettuce, onions, greens, tomatoes, potatoes, and peas. Although it's a little past the time to plant some, in the south you can pretty much swing it and works out, so I've been told. This will be our first year doing a good size garden, so we're pretty excited.

Ayden turns 2 next month, where has the time gone? We were going to do a big party, but the frugal mama in me broke down. Instead, we're going to just have the Inlaws come into town for the weekend, and we'll all go down to the NOLA zoo and spend the day there. Ayden loves animals, and has never been, so I hope he enjoys it as much as I'm going to!

Cadence is starting to stand, all by himself! He is 8 months this tuesday, and already has such an attitude! He is such a cutie, his brother and he get along amazingly well, I'm one proud mom!

Cody and I just passed our one year mark for our marriage, with many more to come! We're going to visit his family next weekend, and we will have a chance to have a date night to celebrate our one year, and my 22nd birthday (that is March 28th! ). We rarely get out because we don't have family or close friends here, so it will be a nice night to enjoy.

Sometimes I wonder how people live their lives, if it's by how much they make, what they buy or who they have in their lives. I'm often reminded that tomorrow isn't a promise, and to love each day like it's your last. I have many friends on Facebook, and I'm often feeling bad for them because they're not happy in life, but it's becasue of how they live it, in my opinion. A great quote my husand quoted:

" It doesn't matter how much money was in my bank account, the type of house I lived in, things I bought. All that matter was that I was the greatest person in the life of a child"

That speaks for how we live, and I wish more people lived like this. I think they'd find true happiness, and be greatful for everything they have and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment